Our Mission: To provide financial resources for advanced education that pave the way for physically challenged athletes to overcome their tragedies and realize their full potential.
Total raised since inception.
Total scholarship dollars awarded in 2016-’17.
Current scholarship recipients in 2016-’17.
Total scholarships granted.
Total sports represented.
Total universities represented.
Who We Are
- Hundreds of dedicated volunteers, swimmers, sponsors, campaign directors and donors from 47 different states and across the globe.
- We are 51 athletes attending 33 universities who have overcome life challenging accidents or illnesses and are pursuing our educational dreams.
- We are 148 alumni recipients who are doctors, lawyers, engineers, actors, social workers, accountants and teachers.
What We Do
- We raise funds through an annual swim-a-thon, individual campaign directors’ campaigns across the nation and a pool party.
- We swim laps, run, walk, roll, float and dedicate our time and dollars.
- We thrive in spite of paralysis, amputation and blindness.
Why We Do It
- We are inspired by Mike Nyeholt and our 199 scholarship recipients.
- After tragedy, getting back to education is getting back to life.
- Education leads to independence.
- And we have a great time!
What We Have Achieved
- We have raised over $18 million in 36 years.
- We supported 199 college scholarships at 97 different schools.
- We maintain a low overhead of less than 10% in administrative fees, allowing more scholarships to be given.
- We can do much more with your help.