Our Mission: To provide financial resources for advanced education that pave the way for physically challenged athletes to overcome their tragedies and realize their full potential.
Total raised since inception.
Total scholarship dollars awarded in ’15-’16.
Current scholarship recipients in ’15-’16.
Total scholarships granted.
Total sports represented.
Total universities represented.
Who We Are
- Hundreds of dedicated volunteers, swimmer, sponsors and donors from 47 different states and across the globe.
- We are 57 athletes attending 42 universities who have overcome life challenging accidents or illnesses.
- We are 130 alumni recipients who are doctors, lawyers, engineers, actors and teachers.
What We Do
- We raise funds through a swim-a-thon and pool party.
- We swim laps, run, walk, float and dedicate our time and dollars.
- We thrive in spite of paralysis, amputation and blindness.
Why We Do It
- We are inspired by Mike Nyeholt and the scholarship recipients.
- After tragedy, getting back to education is getting back to life.
- Education leads to independence.
- And we have a great time!
What We Have Achieved
- We have raised over $16.8 million in 36 years.
- We supported 187 college scholarships at 91 different schools.
- We maintain a low overhead of less than 10% in administrative fees, allowing more scholarships to be given.
- We can do much more with your help.