Once you have installed the theme, your next step is to set up your homepage.
In Franklin, there are two main homepage templates:
Setting up a homepage with a slider
Note: LayerSlider is not included when you purchase Franklin. It requires a separate purchase.
Once you have LayerSlider installed on your site, you can create your first slider:
- Log into your WordPress dashboard. Click on LayerSlider WP.
- To save time, you can use our demo slider as a placeholder while you get your site ready. Click on the Import sample sliders button at the top of the screen.
- In the Import & Export Sliders box, select the Layer Slider sample.json file, which you will find in the Franklin package you downloaded inside the content folder. After selecting it, click Import.
Now that you have created your slider, you can move on to setting up your homepage:
- Click on Pages > Add New
- Add the content you would like to display on the page and then under
Template, select “Homepage Alternative”. Click Publish.
- After the editing page has reloaded, you will see a new metabox called Page Options. Here you
can decide whether to show a grid of the most recent campaigns and whether to display a list of
campaign categories. Underneath these options, you can select a slider to use on your page.
- Click Update to save your changes.
Adding the homepage content
On the demo, we use a simple combination of text and some buttons to set up the homepage content. The exact content we use is included below for easy copying:
Franklin is a premium crowdfunding theme for WordPress. Created with a mobile first approach, it is 100% responsive and features crisp retina graphics. <a href="http://164a-themes.com/franklin/create-a-campaign/" class="button button-alt">Create a Campaign</a><a href="http://164a-themes.com/franklin/" class="button button-alt">Browse Campaigns</a>
Note: When pasting this into your page content, be sure to switch to the Text view of the WordPress editor.